Tuesday, 29 March 2016

EYELASH EXTENSIONS

 Hello!
So today, I GOT EYELASH EXTENSIONS!! I am so pleased with how they turned out! In this blog post I will be answering some FAQ'S about eyelash extensions and telling you all about my experience.
Here is what my eyelash extensions look like:



My Eyelash Experience 

At first, I was a bit worried if the eyelashes would turn out looking how I wanted them to look, as I was going to a new place that I have never been to before. I have had eyelash extensions done before however, my cousin did them in the comfort of my own home. 
I was so excited this morning before getting my eyelash extensions on as I would have amazing lashes everyday and wouldn't even have to put mascara on! 
When I got to my appointment they were very professional and lovely. First, I discussed with my therapist how I would like to have them. I discussed the length and how thick I wanted them. As I am an eyelash junkie and I love long eyelashes, I decided to ask for them quite long and thick.
Before she put on the eyelash extensions, she put this tape on my bottom eyelashes so they didn't get stuck to my top lashes. 
When having them done, I couldn't feel anything and it did not hurt at all. At some points you can feel the eyelashes being put on but, nothing to extreme that hurt me.
It took around 90 minutes to have the full eyelash set done. Once it was finished I opened my eyes, and found that my eyes did water quite a lot (this happened the two other times I had them done). 
In the end I was very very happy with the end result!

Before and After Photos

As you can see there is a dramatic difference from when my eyes are open. When my eyes are closed you can see the difference from the sides, where there is a bigger curl with the lashes on. 

FAQ'S

1. What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions is a practice that enhances the length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes. The extensions may consist of silk, mink, or synthetic hair.

2. How long do they last?
If you care for them everyday, they can last up to 4-6 weeks. But, I would say they last up to 3 weeks and then you would probably need to start getting infills. It depends on your lash cycle, as whenever your natural eyelashes fall out so does one of the extensions. 

3. Do they hurt?
NO! You should not feel the eyelash extensions hurting, from when they are being put on your lashes all the way to when they drop out. If you do feel some discomfort I extremely recommend you having them taken out, as you should never feel as if they are hurting.

4. How long does it take?
For me, it took 90 minutes to have a full set done. It can take up to 2 hours in different places however, it can take as little as an hour. Check the place before you get them done to make sure!

5. Can I use still use mascara?
If you want your eyelashes to stay on for a long period of time, I suggest that you do not use mascara. However, you can if you really want to. I have done some research and it says that you should not use any waterproof or oil-based mascaras. 

6. Do I need to prep my eyelashes before, if so how?
You need to make sure that your eyelashes are clean! Make sure that there is no product or make-up left on them before hand. If there is any products on your lashes before it will cause your lash extensions to drop out earlier than usual. 

7. How do I care for my eyelash extensions?
You must avoid contact with water within 24 hours. If you need to clean your face, use a small towel and rub it carefully around your face. Avoid exposing your lashes to heat e.g. a sauna. Use a small wand to brush through your eyelashes every day. Finally, avoid using oil-based products around your eyes. 

8. How much do they cost?
It can range from £55-£85. Do your research before hand on different places to make sure you are paying the best amount of money for your eyelash extensions. Don't always go for the cheapest! make sure that the place you are getting them done at are professional and experienced.

Overall thoughts 
I love my eyelash extensions, I think they look amazing! I know that they are not very 'natural-looking' but they look how I wanted them to; I am very pleased with them. I think choosing the right place to have them done is important as they need to be put on professionally. Also, I think it is important to tell your therapist exactly how you would like them to be done; if you need to show your therapist example pictures of how you would like them. I think eyelash extensions are amazing for people who just want to wake up and look good. I would not suggest them to anyone who touches their eyelashes frequently or have sensitive eyes. If you take amazing care with them they should look amazing and stay on for a long time! I personally think they are amazing for holidays or special occasions. I love them!


I hope this was interesting/useful to you! Thank you for reading
Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made by pipdig