Today, I have a recipe for you guys for some healthy french fries. If any of you guys were wondering, per serving, they are 155 calories! I love these french fries as they are easy to make and all the ingredients needed you already have at home!
What you will need:
Potatoes (I only used one!)
A cutting board
1) Cover your baking tray in aluminium foil and start thinking about those yummy fries your about to make!
2) After lining the tray with foil, brush 2 teaspoons of olive oil over your foil. Then, place aside ready for your fries
3) This is an optional step but, peel your potatoes if you would like; I made my fries with only one potato so this didn't take me that long. However, I just found out that if you keep the potato skin on, it boosts the nutrition in the fries (it also, saves you time!)
4) Cut your potatoes lengthwise to get the best shape. However, it doesn't really matter what shape you cut them as long as they look like fries. Try not to cut them too thin as they will start to burn, you want a size that will be crispy on the outside but still have potato on the inside.
5) After cutting, place all your potato wedges into a bowl. Add a teaspoon of olive oil, sprinkle the wedges with salt and pepper.
6) Mix the wedges around lightly, so that the ingredients you put in beforehand reaches each wedge.
7) Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer on your tray and then put it in the oven. Bake in a 450-degree oven for 12 minutes. Then, take the tray out and turn each wedge; sprinkle them all with parmesan. Finally, bake for 10 to 12 minutes or more until they are all golden.
The parmesan makes the fries have more flavour. It also adds a hint of salt, so you don't have to shake on any more before you eat them!
8) Finally, dig in!
I hope you enjoy eating the french fries! They are really tasty and I love this recipe.
To make the french fries extra crispy: boil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes before hand
To make the french fries even healthier: keep the skin on!
Different flavours to try: Chilli, Garlic or use sweet potatoes
Thank you so much for reading!